As part of its mission, the MPTT is committed to offering financial aid and assistance in the form of scholarships to local post-secondary students engaged in the dedicated study of Theatre, Dance, and Music Performance.
In order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship from the MPTT, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a current resident of the Monterey Peninsula (i.e. – the applicants permanent address must be within the Monterey Peninsula even if the applicant is currently studying out of state or abroad). Provide proof of residency.
- Be currently enrolled in a course of study of major in Theatre, Dance or any form of Music Performance (Instrumental or vocal) in a certificated and/or licensed post-secondary institution of higher learning (i.e. – Community or four-year college; Private Conservatory or Academy).
- Provide current transcripts (PDF copies of official transcripts acceptable) of current course of studies indicating a GPA of 2.5 or above in coursework for the indicated major.
- Provide a statement of financial need and intended use of potential scholarship funds.
- Provide a copy of the front page of their (or that of their parents/guardians) last tax return.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current instructor/administrator.
PLEASE NOTE: Scholarship check will be provided directly to the applicant’s institution/academy.
This completed form and all required application materials and documents must be received by the Monterey Peninsula Theatre Trust no later than January 31, 2022.
If Manual submission, mail in one packet to:
Monterey Peninsula Theatre Trust, PO Box 761 ~ Monterey CA 93942-0761
The following need to be included in the packet. Review the application process for more detail.
- Application Form • typed original plus one copy; signature (download here)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae • original plus one copy.
- Narrative Autobiography • original plus one copy, not to exceed two pages, double-spaced.
- Statement of Community Service • original plus one copy, not to exceed two pages, double-spaced.
- Career Goals • original plus one copy, not to exceed one page, double-spaced.
- Official Transcripts • original plus one copy
- Proof of Enrollment
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Complete Application Below